Kiss her, you may not get another chance


Kiss her, you may not get another chance

Kiss her! you may not get another chance

I'm all about seizing the moment. Capri diem and all that. Near where I live there is this message sprayed on a wall. I walk past it nearly every day. When it first arrived I had a good laugh to myself and thought "Yeah man, take your shot - go hard or go home". Recently I've been thinking more about this message and I'm no longer sure I think its a good message to tell people. I'm going to do my best to explain why but please remember that I do tend to seize the moment and don't often take the advice I'm about to spell out.

I think this message is rather selfish and superficial . It presumes that she might not like you enough to see you again so you should get all you can right now. It seems to put everything back on the guy and says to him "dude, this is your one and only chance, don't blow it cause you might never get another". When it comes to relationships, I think this is bad advice. Yes i know, I haven't always taken or believed this but I'm starting to the more I walk past this message on the wall.

The view this message paints of relationships isn't one of building trust and getting to know someone over time. It sends a message of 'get while the gettin's good'. How is that anyway to start a relationship? that's how people end up having a child with someone they don't even know or want to be attached to. Where is the respect and value shown to the other person, girl in this case?

If you were out with a girl and you didn't know if she liked you or if the night had gone well. I wouldn't advise anyone to just try kiss her anyway. You are likely to freak her out and then she really won't call you. Taking time to develop a relationship is never a bad idea. If she doesn't want to be with you, that's ok, maybe a little painful but in the end you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you either.

The flaw in this message is that it's all about the guy and the short term goal. It's not about building a long term trusting relationship which I dare say is what we do actually want.

Why do we think that we have to take hold of everything right now? why does that message resonate with us so much? I understand that it's part of the human condition to want everything now but why is that? I'm going to ask God about that when I get there.

19 comments (Add your own)

1. Pam wrote:
Good thinking, your mother would be proud of you!
However, could somebody who lost someone very precious and overlooked the moment written this a s a cathartic note to the world about the treasure he forgot to bless on a day that she never returned? It was my first thought (how gracious am I being to blokes) because I don't think a "take what you can" attitude would have been written so carefully and without profanity.
That's my thought from a dinosaurs heart. Mum

Sun, June 14, 2009 @ 8:39 AM

2. Hayden Sanders wrote:
That's a good point. I didn't really think about it that way. The placement of this sign is not the sort of place you would find that sort of positive message; however, your point is very valid. There is a time to grab every moment you have. Recently Kat and I were talking about her trip home from being in Wellington with me for the weekend. Kat was wondering if she should go see her Nana on the way home or to go in a few days time. We decided that you should never pass up a chance to see people you love so she went on her way home. The next day, or there abouts, Kats Nana passed away. If Kat has waited until the next weekend to see her Nana, she wouldn't have seen her before Nana passed away. I think both Kat and I were pleased Kat took the opportunity to see her Nana when she could.

Sun, June 14, 2009 @ 2:31 PM

3. Cidessenak wrote:
Acai Berry - How Come Acai Berry Supplement Therapeutic For You?
Is the product certified choosing? There are many copycat companies now that are creating products get been low in quality , nor use one of the most beneficial associated with extracting the juice from berries.

Most individuals who are enthusiastic about their bodies know around the health benefits of acai berry products.
They've been used for centuries in South america by ancient medicine adult males.
The people in the Unites states just started using Acai in then everything else couple of years, involving several endorsements from actresses.

Acai fruit drink is analogous to acai fruit juice except it contains less on the fruit.
It needs to generally be deemed as a product features more filtered water content than juice, and will surely have added ingredients like sugar or corn syrup.

Acai Capsules are a remarkably concentrated capsule or pill that is packed with several vitamins nutrients together with the the acai itself.
With the the additional nutrients include Phosphorus, Calcium, Potassium and valuable essential including Omega 6 and Omega being.
Acai capsules are extremely easy to work into a standard daily workout plan.
For these reasons components . are being released . way making use of Acai in a an acai weight loss program.

The Amazonian fruit can be a strong defense again serious medical conditions that nearly all of us struggle with and can be why its popularity has expanded so awesome.
Such issue with inflammation, heart disease and auto immune disorders are helped by the actual pure juice on an every day basis.
It one other full of vitamin E among other vitamins that aid associated with look and feel on the skin.

Having more energy causes a powerful impact with a way reside your being.
When you feel sluggish and exhausted in the end belonging to the day, given out thing you want to do is go to the gym or endure a grueling workout regular.
You need energy to drop the weight - there is no way around it.
An acai berry supplement is really a jolt to power level - and a good one overly.
You won't want to put lets start on the jitters that other weight loss supplements cause that lead you to feel much like your heart is about to explode.

ORAC (oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) score of fruit is 167.
It efficacy in terms of anti oxidants can be gauged off of the fact that blue berry's ORAC score is 32 and that of Apple is 14.

If instead of the luxury of exercising all day, every day, you can focus on what's happening inside your system to help you to get the results you want.
The best place to start is enhance your metabolism as almost as much as possible.
Is essential metabolism burns away body fat you have in one's body.
When you have time consuming metabolism, fat that your body takes in is usually saved and builds up, a person the kilos that could be rather not have access to. http://blogcz.top/gh-balance/

Thu, February 16, 2017 @ 3:54 PM

4. wrote:
You are a very capable person!

Sun, April 21, 2019 @ 11:54 PM

5. wrote:
Yeah bookmaking this wasn't a risky determination great post!

Mon, April 22, 2019 @ 1:31 AM

6. wrote:
Therefore, people select more time online.

Mon, April 22, 2019 @ 10:05 AM

7. wrote:
Therefore, people direct more evening online.

Mon, April 22, 2019 @ 6:42 PM

8. wrote:
Therefore, people need more day online.

Mon, April 22, 2019 @ 8:41 PM

9. wrote:
I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this!
Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thanks again!

Mon, April 22, 2019 @ 9:46 PM

10. wrote:
I am genuinely happy to glance at this webpage posts which carries plenty of valuable facts, thanks for providing such statistics.

Sat, June 1, 2019 @ 8:02 PM

11. wrote:
I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this
site. I'm hoping to view the same high-grade content from you in the future as well.
In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to
get my own site now ;)

Wed, June 12, 2019 @ 4:48 PM

12. wrote:
fantastic submit, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists of this sector do
not realize this. You should proceed your writing.
I am confident, you've a huge readers' base already!

Fri, July 19, 2019 @ 2:07 AM

13. wrote:
I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers except this post is in fact a good article, keep it up.

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 10:50 AM

14. wrote:
I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought
this post was great. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already
;) Cheers!

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 5:20 PM

15. wrote:
Excellent weblog here! Additionally your website lots up very fast!

What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link to your host?
I desire my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Sun, August 18, 2019 @ 6:47 PM

16. wrote:
Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest
twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
some time and was hoping maybe you would have
some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Mon, August 19, 2019 @ 7:55 PM

17. wrote:
If you wish for to get a good deal from this piece of writing then you have
to apply these techniques to your won blog.

Sat, September 7, 2019 @ 1:11 PM

18. wrote:
Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much approximately
this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you just
could do with a few % to power the message house a bit,
however other than that, this is magnificent blog.
An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

Tue, November 5, 2019 @ 10:38 AM

19. wrote:
Therefore, people select more time online.

Fri, November 15, 2019 @ 3:54 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.